Chief contact tracers in Cebu flew to Iloilo City and Bacolod City to help stop COVID-19 in these areas, the Cebu City government announced.
Dr Catherine Echevarre of the Cebu City health department and Police Captain Jefferson Sinfuego, both of whom oversaw contact-tracing efforts in the city, will impart with Iloilo and Bacolod the strategies taken by Cebu to fight the coronavirus.
Sinfuego said they intend to establish in these areas an Emergency Operations Center (EOC) similar to Cebu’s.
“What we have done in Cebu, we intend to teach in Bacolod and Iloilo," he said in Tagalog in the statement by Cebu City’s public information office (PIO) on Tuesday, September 1.
Once a hot spot of COVID-19, Cebu attributed the decline of coronavirus cases in the city to the increase in its contact tracing teams, from 5 to 114.
From recording 3-digit numbers of new cases per day back in June, Cebu City tallied 21 new COVID-19 cases as of Tuesday.
On the other hand, in the last week of August, hospitals in Bacolod and Iloilo began reaching full capacity in their COVID-19 beds. As of Tuesday, the Department of Health Western Visayas reported a total of 721 active cases of COVID-19 in Bacolod City and 623 active cases in Iloilo City.
While most of the country including Cebu City has been placed under modified general community quarantine until September 30, Bacolod had been reverted to general community quarantine. – Rappler.com